Access Collins for Care is keeping residents connected with their loved ones during the Covid pandemic with its easy-to-use automated system for organising safe care home visits.
With changing guidelines on care home visits and the challenge of care providers wanting to minimise loneliness within their homes, processes must be in place to allow visits to happen while ensuring residents and family are safe.
Access Collins for Care provides carers with immediate rosters and information on visitors, helps manage social distancing and gives back time from the administrative task of booking visitors in by phone.
The system features a straightforward system that can be embedded in a website for family and friends of your residents to book in their visits, in line with the regulations set by your care organisation and the government.
The benefits of using Access Collins for Care include buffer times - customised visiting time slots to allow for a gap between one set of visitors to the next. This provides a window for areas to be cleaned down.
Other benefits include:
· Control numbers: set how many people can visit at one time and create spaces in the booking system so these visitor numbers are not exceeded.
· Direct booking: a user can select the time and date they would like to visit, the system will allow them if there is a space, to make this booking which will automatically update the schedule for the carers.
· Disclaimer: the solution features a disclaimer process when making a booking for the user to confirm they do not present any COVID-19 symptoms and accept the PPE protocol when making their visit.
· Instant updates: the system works automatically in real time ensuring that carers have the latest updates on rosters, cleaning regimes and to check a visitor has confirmed no symptoms and the correct PPE.
· Policies: as the government issue new guidelines, managers can update their policy for visitors in real time so carers can see it straight away.
Video calling is also a great way to connect with your loved ones on a personal level and Access Collins for Care can support this. Video calls can be scheduled through the system in the same way as physical visits for any video call platform such as Skype and Zoom.
Information about how to book a demonstration, and about Access Collins for Care, can be found at https://www.theaccessgroup.com/health-social-care/care-management-software/visitor-booking/?utm_source=other&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=collins-for-care-che-product-newsletter&utm_content=collins-for-care-che-product-newsletter.