MHA is asking the public to support its MHA Sunday event, which encourage churches to hold services to raise awareness of Methodist Homes.
MHA Sunday is an annual event held on the second Sunday of June. In 2024, this falls on Sunday 9 June.
MHA Sunday is an opportunity for:
- Celebration of the work of MHA and the value of older people.
- Awareness of future needs and ways to respond.
- Fundraising to make a difference to the quality of life for older people.
- Volunteers to work together.
- Recognition of the Church in action for older people.
Abigail Ogier, head of chaplaincy at MHA, said: “Our links with the Methodist Church are highly valued at MHA, and MHA Sunday is one of the key times when we come together to give thanks for our work, to give local churches and congregations insight into a particular part of our work and to reflect, pray and worship together.
“The gifts that congregations give at their MHA Sunday services also make a massive contribution to supporting our charitable work.”