DDC Dolphin has launched Vacumatic - an advanced and inexpensive waste disposal system to help keep care homes hygienic and odour-free.
The Vacumatic sucks the air out of waste bags and passes it through high-quality medical filters that stop viruses, bacteria and odours from escaping and then hermetically seals the bags removing the problem of exposed bacteria and viruses and unpleasant odours.
Sucking out all of the air and sealing the contaminated material inside the bag reduces its volume by up to 50 per cent, creating an opportunity to reduce your waste collection costs and decreases your carbon footprint.
The sturdy Vacumatic bags, which are 110-micron thick and have a patented safety structure, are 100 per cent odourless and airtight with moisture-wicking material.
Vacuum-packing ensures that the storage and transportation of waste in your facility is completely safe, efficient, economical and odour-free.
Benefits of Vacumatic include:
• Hands-free operation reducing the risk of cross-contamination.
• Suitable for use in combination with all types of non-offensive clinical waste.
• Exceptionally economical, reducing waste volume by up to 50 per cent.
• Extremely quiet, using a validated air valve fitted with a medical bacteria filter.
• A safe and efficient method of waste disposal that can be used alongside bedpan washers and macerators.
This quick and easy process condenses the waste into tightly-sealed packages for safe and easy disposal.
“Using Vacumatic vacuum technology, you can guarantee hygienic waste disposal, while facilitating a pleasant living and working for staff and patients alike,” the company said.